Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
Tug of war at PTA picnic PTA hotdogs for lunch PTA sponsored vests help If you would like to join our PTA
keep our kids safe team, we would love to see you!
We love Christchurch East School and we want to help the school be the best it can be, so that our kids have a great school life and they and their families feel part of the Christchurch East School Community.
What is the Christchurch East School PTA?
PTA stands for Parent Teacher Association and is a group of parents/caregivers and teachers working together to help the school.
Who can join?
Any parent, caregiver, staff member or interested adult (eg grandparents) may become a member of this organisation.
What does the PTA do?
We are parents and caregivers, staff and interested adults who want to help the school by:
- providing fun opportunities for our children and families to build our school community
- supporting the school, by providing help and fundraising for special items to assist with learning
In the past, the kinds of activities we have run are discos, sausage sizzles and family picnics and galas.
How does the PTA help the school financially?
The PTA runs fundraising events and applies for grants and contributes thousands of dollars to help the school. The PTA has funded: safety vests for children to wear on school trips, and Kapa Haka uniforms; upgrading of children’s desks in classrooms; new shelving and interactive whiteboards for the new school library; donations to support camps and the school picnic; and classroom workstations with flatscreen TV built in to assist teaching and learning.
We would like to continue to support the school. You can be a part of making this happen!
How can you be involved?
We understand that family life is busy, so we value any offer of support you are able to contribute. By joining the PTA it doesn’t mean you have to come to every meeting, or take an active role on the committee like Chair, Secretary or Treasurer (unless you want to). We often need people to help with events on the day, and joining in is a great way to get to know other families at school.
- BECOME A ‘HELPER’ – that way you keep up-to-date with our next events and ways you can help; this is especially good if you can’t make the meetings, as PTA meeting minutes will be emailed to you after each meeting. Email the PTA Secretary to add your email address to the list.
- BECOME A PTA MEMBER AND COME TO OUR MEETINGS – we meet twice a term, on Mondays 3 15 - 4 15 pm, in the Library Learning Hub. Children who attend are supervised for the duration of the meeting.
We are always looking for new ideas, or, if you know of people or of things that could provide a great experience for our kids and families feel free to tell us!
How do I find out more?
Please contact the school Office for our contact details, if you would like to know more:
- Kathryn Bates, PTA Secretary
- Zahra Hargens Iliff, PTA Chairperson