Welcome to Learning Links 2013!
What is Learning Links?
In short, Learning Links is Christchurch East School’s positive approach to homework from Year 0 - 8.
Why the need for change?
- As a vibrant learning community we felt a move away from the negative aspects of homework was important.
- Our goal is to have a school-wide approach based on sound research that meets the needs of all our learning community and is aligned to our school’s curriculum.
- To foster a positive, proactive Home/School partnership to help create an effective learning community.
- To further develop both our core values and learner qualities in a wider context.
- To promote our students having a life-long love of learning.
- To meet the needs of our students and learning community in a positive affirming way.
- A weekly program of reading and basic facts math for Year 0 – 8.
- There is a separate challenge (Weka, Pukeko, Kea and Kiwi) for each year from Year 5 - 8.
- The challenges have a varied range of fun and meaningful activities designed to meet our students’ needs.
- A school-wide approach.
- Learning Links was launched school wide on Monday 21st February 2013.
- More specific information about the Year 5 - 8 challenges can be found in the links above.
- Look out for updates as the year progresses.